MEP is expanding our team, and hiring Business Development Representatives to service Trinidad. There may also be opportunities to service the region, and overseas for specific assigned markets and publications.
The representatives will be responsible for selling advertising space in specific publications, both in print and online (as appropriate), in Trinidad and any other specific territories as instructed. They will also market MEP’s publishing services. MEP’s publications include Caribbean Beat (the inflight magazine of Caribbean Airlines), Discover Trinidad & Tobago, and other projects for corporate clients. (To learn more about MEP — a small, family business that has been publishing books and magazines for over 25 years — click here.)
The ideal candidate is a motivated and responsible self-starter, with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills. Representatives are given the flexibility to work out of their own home offices and to set their own call and networking schedules, but with frequent reporting. Compensation is in the form of a monthly stipend plus commission. The freelance contract is initially for two years.
- A proven advertising sales track record. Previous magazine and/or print sales experience is a considerable asset
- A strong business relationship with key advertisers and advertising agencies
- At least an interest in and basic understanding of online advertising
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal — and strong organisational skills
- Computer literacy, with competence in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word. Familiarity with Apple Macintosh computers an asset
- A driver’s licence and access to a car.
- Please email your CV (including contact information and references) and a one page cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday 30th November. Please no phone calls.