MEP is expanding our team, and hiring Business Development Representatives to service Trinidad, the region, and overseas for specific assigned markets and publications.
These publications include Caribbean Beat (the inflight magazine of Caribbean Airlines), Discover Trinidad & Tobago, and other projects for corporate clients. The representatives will be responsible for selling advertising space in specific publications, both in print and online (as appropriate), in specific territories.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and responsible self-starter, with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills. Representatives are given the flexibility to work out of their own home offices and to set their own call and networking schedules, but with frequent reporting. Compensation is in the form of a monthly stipend plus commission.
To learn more about MEP — a small, family business that has been publishing books and magazines for over 25 years — click here.
- A proven advertising sales track record in the print industry. (Previous magazine experience is an asset)
- A strong business relationship with key advertisers and advertising agencies
- At least an interest in and basic understanding of online advertising
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal — and strong organisational skills
- Computer literacy, with competence in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word. Familiarity with Apple Macintosh computers an asset
- A driver’s licence and access to a car
- Please email your CV (including contact information and references) and a short cover letter to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.