MEP is expanding our media sales team
So, we’re hiring dynamic and resourceful Business Development Representatives to service Trinidad and the Caribbean diaspora for specific assigned markets and publications. MEP currently produces three active, advertising-supported magazines.
The representatives will be responsible for:
- selling advertising space in specific publications, both in print and online (as appropriate), in Trinidad and any other overseas territories as instructed. MEP currently produces Caribbean Beat (the inflight magazine of Caribbean Airlines), CONTACT Magazine (the magazine of the Trinidad & Tobago Chamber of Industry & Commerce), and Discover Trinidad & Tobago; in addition to other contract publishing projects for corporate clients
- marketing MEP’s publishing services.
To learn more about MEP — a small, family business that has been publishing books and magazines for over 25 years — click here.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate:
- has a strong sales background with a proven track record
- is a motivated and responsible self-starter
- has excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
- is comfortable if not ecstatic at the flexibility representatives in this position are offered — to work out of their own home offices and to set their own call and networking schedules, but with frequent reporting.
Compensation is negotiable, but typically in the form of a monthly stipend plus commission on a renewable two-year contract.
- A proven advertising sales track record. Previous magazine and/or print sales experience is a considerable asset. NB: Candidates without sales experience and a proven track record will not be considered
- A strong business relationship with key advertisers and advertising agencies
- An interest in and basic understanding of online advertising
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal — and strong organisational skills
- Computer literacy, with competence in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word. Familiarity with Apple Macintosh computers an asset
- A driver’s licence and access to a reliable car.
- Please email a one page cover letter and your CV (including contact information and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th March, 2018
- NB: Candidates without sales experience and a proven track record in sales will not be considered. No phone calls, please.