We’ve produced print & digital magazines, investment and destination guides, company histories, directories, event programmes, annual reports, brochures, newsletters & more
For over 30 years, we’ve produced a range of print and digital magazines, books, and other corporate material — specialising in tourism, culture, environmental, and business publications. Here is a list of our current and recent magazine titles, as well as a selection of past projects.
Caribbean Beat magazine
The Caribbean’s leading arts, culture, travel and leisure magazine
Published by MEP since 1992 as the in-flight magazine first for BWIA and then for Caribbean Airlines, Caribbean Beat is the Caribbean’s leading magazine on Caribbean arts, culture and society. The magazine marked its 25th anniversary with the March/April 2017 issue (#144), and the 150th issue in March/April 2018.
Caribbean Beat‘s mandate from inception was to get behind the familiar stereotypes of the Caribbean to show how rich Caribbean life really is — music, art, dance, books, sport, fashion, design, festivals, history, environment, people, lifestyle. As its publisher, we’ve valued and honoured this mandate for over a quarter century, making Caribbean Beat the only magazine of its kind, and an ongoing resource for students, researchers, and lovers of all things Caribbean.
In addition to its distribution on Caribbean Airlines planes and via print subscriptions, the magazine is also reproduced in full on the caribbean-beat.com website (including a near-complete digital archive of the magazine), and on MEP’s Issuu, Yumpu, and Magzter accounts.
Subscriptions & orders (print & digital)
Discover Trinidad & Tobago destination guide
The islands’ most trusted, longest-running, and most widely accessible travel magazine & visitor guide
Produced annually since 1991, Discover Trinidad and Tobago is the country’s major international promotional magazine, for both local and international visitors alike, and the island’s only truly cross-platform print and digital solution. Its light and portable format usually make it the only destination guide that local tourism authorities take overseas to major travel shows, fairs, and markets.
Discover T&T marked it 25th anniversary in 2016 with its 27th issue and the introduction of its new dual-cover design — flip it one way, you’re in Trinidad. Flip it another way, you’re in Tobago! The dual-cover design has stayed with the magazine since, where each island has its own distinct cover, and its own distinct content and design.
Discover is published each November, usually making its debut at the World Travel Market in London (UK) as part of the Trinidad & Tobago contingent. It is distributed free to local and international industry stakeholders; via a mobile app; and is also reproduced in full on the high-traffic discovertnt.com website, and on MEP’s Issuu, Yumpu, and Magzter accounts.
Order your copy
Parkite Sports magazine
In July 2019, the Queen’s Park Cricket Club (QPCC), in partnership with MEP Publishers, unveiled a refreshed and revamped Parkite Sports Magazine. This exciting rebrand established Parkite Sports as the premier sports magazine of, by, and for the Caribbean and its diaspora. Published quarterly, the magazine included:
• Exclusive news & analysis: a must-read, engaging mix of feature stories, columns, reports and previews, exclusive commentary and analysis — plus all the latest critical info (trends, statistics, schedules, standings) about fans’ best-loved sports and players
• The local & international sports we love: top-notch coverage of local, regional, and international cricket, football, hockey, squash, basketball, tennis, mixed martial arts, athletics and more — plus practical health and fitness information
• A deeper look: in-depth profiles of both our own Caribbean sporting superstars and global sports icons, plus bold examination of the politics and infrastructure that govern and affect all sports.
The new Parkite Sports built on the QPCC’s and MEP’s robust distribution networks, and puts the magazine into the hands of avid sports fans and key decision makers — from government officials and top executives, to consumers and businesses making key strategic and purchasing decisions.
NB: Magazine production was suspended at the beginning of the pandemic.
Read online or order your copy
CONTACT business magazine
MEP undertook a new partnership with The Trinidad & Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce in 2017 to revitalise and rebrand their iconic CONTACT magazine. The first issue (April 2018) was unveiled at the Chamber’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Our MEP team produced a new logo; a new layout and design; and a completely revamped and refreshed editorial approach for the Chamber’s flagship magazine. The feedback was phenomenal.
The magazine leveraged the Chamber’s and MEP’s powerful, diverse network and broaden the magazine’s distribution base of 5,000+ key corporate decision-makers, strategically communicating with local and international markets through hard copy and digital distribution of the magazine.
In publication since 2000, the magazine is a staple reading for the national business community as well as for overseas investors and other stakeholders beyond our shores. The magazine has had a strong specialised thematic content, written and researched by respected business leaders and writers. Because of its focus, the publication has had wide appeal, circulated to key executives and leaders in the business community, government ministries, diplomatic missions, tertiary educational institutions, libraries and business development institutions locally, regionally and internationally.
NB: The magazine went on hiatus as the pandemic began, resuming in mid-2023 as a digital-only magazine produced in-house by the TTCIC.
Read online or order your copy
In the past, we have also published several print and digital magazines, destination guides, investment guides, brochures, company histories, annual reports, catalogues, directories, event programmes — both in house and for private clients, ranging from multi-national corporations and NGOs to local SMBs and individuals. Click here for more.
Business publications (company histories, magazines, directories, newsletters)
- Above and Beyond (BWIA company history)
- BPTT Insider (bpTT company newsletter)
- Investment Guide to Trinidad and Tobago (Citibank)
- Energy Caribbean newsletter (with David Renwick)
- Energy Caribbean Yearbook (with David Renwick)
- Gasco News (NGC company newsletter)
- Petrovision (Petrotrin magazine)
- The Point Lisas Story (PLIPDECO company history)
- The Trinidad and Tobago Business Directory (with TIDCO)
- The Trinidad and Tobago Exporter (with TIDCO)
- The Trinidad and Tobago Export Directory (with TIDCO)
Tourism, culture, NGOs & the environment publications
- A Home in the True Sense (Trinidad & Tobago Association for Retarded Children)
- BWIA’s Caribbean (BWIA)
- BWIA FunVenture (BWIA)
- BWIA Kids Beat (BWIA)
- Caribbean Gift Craft Show catalogue (Caribbean Export Development Agency)
- The Caribbean Review of Books (CRB)
- The Caribbean Sea – A Very Special Area (United Nations Development Programme, English & Spanish)
- Carnival Countdown magazine
- Discover Tobago destination guide
- Explore Guyana (Guyana Tourism Authority destination guide)
- Hi-Time (inflight magazine for Helenair)
- The Caribbean Sea (International Maritime Organization)
- The St Kitts and Nevis Visitor (St Kitts & Nevis Tourist Board destination guide)
- Youth at Risk – Trinidad and Tobago National Development Report (UNDP)
Brochures, newsletters & event programmes
- Angostura Yachting World Regatta
- Agostini Insurance
- Caribbean Gift and Craft Show
- Diversification of Exports (CABI conference)
- Kimme’s Sculpture Museum (Luise Kimme)
- Linx (Republic Bank)
- Pan is Beautiful VII
- Pan Jazz Festival
- Tobago Villas (Tobago Villas Association)
- Two Islands, One Paradise (Trinidad & Tobago Hotels & Tourism Association)
- The Villas at Stonehaven.