The rebranded magazine of the Queen’s Park Cricket Club (QPCC)
In July 2019, the Queen’s Park Cricket Club (QPCC), in partnership with MEP Publishers, unveiled a refreshed and revamped Parkite Sports Magazine. This exciting rebrand establishes Parkite Sports as the premier sports magazine of, by, and for the Caribbean and its diaspora. NB: The magazine went on hiatus at the beginning of the pandemic.
Read the latest issue of Parkite Sports Magazine below
New design, new direction, new Parkite Sports
Global sports from a Caribbean perspective
Parkite Sports fills the gap in the Caribbean market for insightful, thought provoking, passionate copy that reflects the dynamic world of all sports. Together with radical design concepts, we are redefining the sports sector for a region that has every variety of sport beamed into their lives daily, changing their expectations and raising the bar for related sports media.
Our focus is all-encompassing, with relatively new sports such as MMA given equal billing with established disciplines such as football, cricket, and athletics, thus appealing to every generation of sports enthusiast. We place Caribbean stars alongside global icons, enhancing their own place as international names, while also also taking pride in our profiles of female athletes — a sector that has been previously ignored in the Caribbean, yet holds so much potential for untapped stories along with advertising streams.
A thorough re-brand of an iconic magazine
The new Parkite Sports features a brand new design and editorial direction. Published quarterly, each issue of the magazine will include:
• Exclusive news & analysis: a must-read, engaging mix of feature stories, columns, reports and previews, exclusive commentary and analysis — plus all the latest critical info (trends, statistics, schedules, standings) about fans’ best-loved sports and players
• The local & international sports we love: top-notch coverage of local, regional, and international cricket, football, hockey, squash, basketball, tennis, mixed martial arts, athletics and more — plus practical health and fitness information
• A deeper look: in-depth profiles of both our own Caribbean sporting superstars and global sports icons, plus bold examination of the politics and infrastructure that govern and affect all sports.
The new Parkite Sports builds on the QPCC’s and MEP’s robust distribution networks, and puts the magazine into the hands of avid sports fans and key decision makers — from government officials and top executives, to consumers and businesses making key strategic and purchasing decisions.
Each quarterly issue of Parkite Sports will be distributed to:
• The QPCC membership and Corporate Box holders
• Sporting enthusiasts — locally, regionally, and internationally
• Sponsors and key decision-makers in Trinidad and Tobago, both in the public and private sectors
• Diplomatic missions, tertiary educational institutions, and libraries
• The general public via select, high-traffic offices, businesses, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.
• Digital readers around the world via the QPCC and MEP websites.