We’re hiring! MEP is expanding our media sales team
We’re looking to hire two dynamic Business Development Representatives to join our growing team, and to service Trinidad and the Caribbean diaspora for specific assigned markets and publications. MEP currently produces four advertising-supported magazines. To learn more about MEP — a small, family business that has been publishing books and magazines for nearly 30 years — click here.
The representatives will be responsible for:
- selling advertising space in specific publications, both in print and online (as appropriate), in Trinidad and any other overseas territories as instructed. MEP currently produces Caribbean Beat (the inflight magazine of Caribbean Airlines), Parkite Sports (the magazine of the Queen’s Park Cricket Club), Discover Trinidad & Tobago (the islands’ longest-running and most trusted travel guide), and CONTACT Business (the magazine of the Trinidad & Tobago Chamber of Industry & Commerce), in addition to other contract publishing projects for corporate clients
- marketing MEP’s print and web publishing services.
Remuneration is negotiable, but typically in the form of a monthly stipend plus commission on a renewable two-year contract.
The ideal candidate:
- has a strong sales background with a proven advertising sales track record (candidates without this will not be considered). Previous magazine and/or print sales experience is a considerable asset
- has strong business relationships with key advertisers and advertising agencies
- has an interest in and basic understanding of online advertising
- has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and strong organisational and inter-personal skills
- is computer literate, with competence in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word. Familiarity with CRM systems and Apple Macintosh computers an asset
- has a driver’s licence and owns/has access to a reliable car
- is a motivated and responsible self-starter who is comfortable — if not ecstatic — at the flexibility and independence representatives in this position are offered, ie to work out of their own home offices and to set their own call and networking schedules, but with frequent reporting.
- Please read the job requirements carefully
- Please email a one page cover letter and your CV (including contact information and references) to email@example.com by Monday 5th August, 2019
- NB: Candidates without strong sales experience will not be considered. No phone calls, please.